vendredi 15 juin 2012

128-133. More hits by The Supremes / The Supremes sing Holland-Dozier-Holland / Where did our love go ? / I hear a symphony / Lovechild / Supremes A Go-go

Six grands albums des Supremes, deux par CD. Un paquet de succès internationaux se trouve dans cette liste. Il y a bien sûr des reprises, mais aussi les succès originaux dont ne citer que les gros cartons qu'on entend encore souvent à la radio, voire en boîte de nuit: Stop! in the name of love, You keep me hangin' on (reprise de Vanilla Fudge et succès pour Kim Wilde, etc.), Baby Love, Come see about me, You can't hurry love (reprise à succès pour Phil Collins), etc. Il y a ici un paquet de chansons de haut niveau. Sans hit majeur, l'album Love child est comme Reflections, dont j'ai déjà fait la notice, un album particulièrement agréable à écouter. Enfin, ma conviction est que l'idée de créer Paint it black pour les stones est partie du titre My world is empty without you.

MORE HITS BY THE SUPREMES

1. Ask any girl
2. Nothing but heartaches
3. Mother dear
4. Stop! in the name of love (live)
5. Honey boy
6. Back in my arms again
7. Whisper you love me boy
8. The only time I'm happy
9. He holds his own
10. Who could ever doubt my love
11. (I'm so glad) Heartaches don't last
12. I'm in love again

THE SUPREMES SING HOLLAND-DOZIER-HOLLAND

1. You keep me hangin' on
2. You're gone but always in my heart
3. Love is here and now you're gone (live)
4. I wanna mother you, smother you with love
5. I guess I'll always love you
6. I'll turn to stone
7. It's the same old song (reprise des Four tops)
8. Going down for the third time
9. Love is in our hearts
10. Remove this doubt
11. There's no stopping us now
12. Heatwave (reprise de Martha and the Vandellas)

**

WHERE DID OUR LOVE GO ?

1. Where did our love go?
2. Run, run, run
3. Baby Love
4. When the lovelight shines through his eyes
5. Come see about me
6. Long gone lover
7. I'm giving you your freedom
8. A breath taking guy
9. He means the world to me
10. Standing at the crossroad of love
11. Your kiss of fire
12. Ask any girl

I HEAR A SYMPHONY

1. Stranger in paradise
2. Yesterday (Mc Cartney)
3. I hear a symphony
4. Unchained melody (reprise des Righteous Brothers)
5. With a song in my heart
6. Without a song
7. My world is empty without you
(J'ai la conviction que cette chanson a influencé Paint it black des Rolling stones)
8. A lover's concerto
9. Any girl in love (know what I'm going throug)
10. Wonderful, wonderful
11. Everything is good about you
12. He's all I got

**

LOVE CHILD

1. Love child
2. Keep an eye
3. How long has the evening train been gone
4. Does your Mama know about me
5. Honey bee (keep stinging me)
6. Some things you never get used to
7. He's my sunny boy
8. You've been so wonderful to me
9. (Don't break these) Chains of love
10. You ain't livin' till you're lovin'
11. I'll set you free
12. I can't shake it loose

SUPREMES A GO-GO

1. Love is like an itching in my heart
2. This old heart of mine (is weak for you)
3. You can't hurry love
Première prise de You can't hurry love
4. Shake me, wake me (when it's over)
5. Baby I need your loving
6. These boots are made for walkin' (Hazelwood) (reprise de Nancy Sinatra)
7. I can't help myself
8. Get ready
9. Put yourself in my place
10. Money (That's what I want)
11. Come on and get these memories (reprise de Martha and The Vandellas)
12. Hang on sloopy

**

Il y a deux autres CD dans cette série. L'un réunit les albums Let the sunshine in & Cream of the crop, mais je ne le possède pas; l'autre réunit A Bit of Liverpool & TCB (with The Temptations). Je l'ai sous la main, mais TCB est une performance télé et A Bit of Liverpool est un projet plus anecdotique de reprises de chansons anglaises, essentiellement des Beatles (A hard day's night, You can't do that, Can't buy me love, I want to hold your hand, A world without love), avec How do you do it, The House of the rising sun. Mais, cet album de 64 contient encore des titres américains: Because de Dave Clark, Bits and pieces de Dave Clark et Mike Smith, le célèbre You've really got a hold on me de Smokey Robinson, et Do you love me.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire